In conjunction with Valor Studios, I'll be accompanying the inaugural "A Higher Call" tour to Europe in May 2019! Come along as we retrace the wartime experiences of Franz and Charlie, visiting old airfields, lost ruins, and cozy pubs while bringing to life the stories from my book.
UK: KIMBOLTON // SEETHING // CAMBRIDGE
GERMANY: MUNICH // BERCHTESGADEN AUSTRIA: SALZBURG
10 Night Tour Highlights
- Stand among the ghosts of the 379th Bomb Group as we explore the remnants of Kimbolton Airfield and hear the untold stories of Lt. Charlie Brown & crew.
- We’ll go flying in a vintage warbird over the former 8th AF airfields of East Anglia where a WWII fighter will join us for a midair photo shoot.
- Explore the secret ruins of an Me 262 jet production facility hidden in a Bavarian forest.
- Heft a pint of English beer in the former haunts of the American bomber boys, where their names remain burned into the walls.
- Tour a preserved Luftwaffe airfield-turned-aviation museum with rare WWII aircraft, and see German planes that Franz once flew.
- Visit the last operational HQ and airfield of JV44, the "Squadron of Experts," which was the final stop of Franz’s Luftwaffe service.
- Dive into the bunkers of Hitler’s Alpine fortress at Berchtesgaden and see the site where Galland confronted Goering, as well as the ruins of Hitler’s Berghof & Eagles Nest!
- And plenty more, soon to be announced!
Lodging & Dining
4 star hotel accommodations in historic Cambridge, Munich, and Berchtesgaden.
Each hotel is in walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and more historical sites.
All hotels have English-speaking staff, air conditioning, and wifi included, along with a daily European breakfast.
The "A Higher Call" tour will be an unforgettable culinary experience!
We'll savor English classics like fish & chips, Shephard's pie, and foaming cider!
Moving on to Germany we'll encounter the best of Bavaria including Jägerschnitzel, spätzle, and crisp German beer!
All locations we'll visit!
Heft beers with bestselling author Adam Makos who will join the tour for the Munich through Salzburg leg
View never-before-seen film of Charlie Brown, recorded during Adam’s research
Exclusive “for-our-eyes-only” tours, led by local expert guides
A tour binder with maps and wartime photos of each location
A tour coordinator will be on hand for the full duration of the tour
10 nights’ accommodations in beautiful 4 star hotels
Eat like a General! 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 6 dinners, all provided
Unlimited non-alcoholic and 1 alcoholic beverage at each lunch & dinner so you can enjoy the local specialties
Welcome and farewell parties to seal the tour in the spirit of a bomber pilot celebrating his first and last mission!
Complimentary airfare from London to Munich mid-tour
No-hassle curb-to-curb airport transfers on arrival & departure days
Access to an on-line album featuring tour photos of you, taken by us
Luxury private motor coach with water on-board, a restroom, A/C, and wifi
All admissions fees & gratuities are taken care of by us
Individual audio headsets so you won't miss a single story or fascinating fact
As a momento you'll receive the art print "Outrun the Eagles," hand-signed by legendary WWII aviators!
Dates & Price
ONLY 20 SPOTS AVAILABLE!
We're planning two sets of dates
for the "A Higher Call" tour:
May 19 - 29, 2019 and
September 13 - 23, 2019
To create an intimate and exclusive experience, we're limiting the number of participants to just 20 people, per tour!
We anticipate the cost to be:
$6,795/person, for double occupancy
$7,795/person, for single occupancy
(Payment plans are available!)
HOW TO JOIN US:
Want us to hold you a spot
at no obligation, for either tour date?
Can't make 2019 but want
to join us for a 2020 tour?
Email us at the below address and tour manager Erica Makos will be in touch!