UK: KIMBOLTON // SEETHING // CAMBRIDGE
GERMANY: MUNICH // BERCHTESGADEN AUSTRIA: SALZBURG
Join me as I lead the inaugural "A Higher Call" tour to Europe in May 2019! Together we’ll retrace the wartime experiences of Franz and Charlie, visiting old airfields, lost ruins, and cozy pubs while bringing to life the stories that appear in my book.
10 Night Tour Highlights
- Stand among the ghosts of the 379th Bomb Group as we explore the remnants of Kimbolton Airfield and hear the untold stories of Lt. Charlie Brown & crew.
- We’ll go flying in a vintage warbird over the former 8th AF airfields of East Anglia where a WWII fighter will join us for a midair photo shoot.
- Explore the secret ruins of an Me 262 jet production facility hidden in a Bavarian forest.
- Heft a pint of English beer in the former haunts of the American bomber boys, where their names remain burned into the walls.
- Tour a preserved Luftwaffe airfield-turned-aviation museum with rare WWII aircraft, and see German planes that Franz once flew.
- Visit the last operational HQ and airfield of JV44, the "Squadron of Experts," which was the final stop of Franz’s Luftwaffe service.
- Dive into the bunkers of Hitler’s Alpine fortress at Berchtesgaden and see the site where Galland confronted Goering, as well as the ruins of Hitler’s Berghof & Eagles Nest!
- And plenty more, soon to be announced!
Lodging & Dining
Not only will the "A Higher Call" tour be an epic journey through history, but also an unforgettable culinary experience!
While the English aren’t renowned for their food, you'll feel otherwise as we consume classics like fish & chips and foaming English cider!
Then moving to Munich and Berchtesgaden we’ll encounter the best of Bavaria with Jägerschnitzel, spätzle, hoppy Germany beer and schnapps!
4 star hotel accommodations in three historic cities - Cambridge, Munich, and Berchtesgaden.
Each hotel is in the perfect location for experiencing the best of the city as they’re within walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and other historical sites.
All hotels have English speaking staff, air conditioning and wifi included, along with an European breakfast daily.
Spend time with bestselling author Adam Makos who will join the tour for the Munich through Salzburg leg.
View never-before-seen footage of Charlie Brown, taken during Adam’s research interviews
Exclusive “for our eyes only” tours, led by local expert guides
A tour binder with exclusive maps of each location & wartime photos
A tour coordinator will be with us for the full duration of the "A Higher Call" tour
10 nights’ accommodations in beautiful 4 star hotels
Eat like a group commander!
10 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 6 dinners
Unlimited non-alcoholic and 1 alcoholic beverage at each lunch & dinner so you can enjoy the local drink specialties
Welcome and farewell parties to start and end the tour in the spirit fitting of a bomber pilot celebrating his last mission!
Airfare from London to Munich mid-tour
Airport transfers from London, and to Munich, on our arrival & departure days
Access to an on-line album featuring tour photos of you, taken by our staff
Luxury private coach with unlimited water on-board, a restroom, wifi, and A/C.
All admissions fees & gratuities are taken care of
Individual audio headsets so you won't miss a single story or fact
As a lifelong memento, you'll receive the art print (shown above) hand signed by German & American fighter pilots!
Dates & Price
TO LEARN MORE:
The first "A Higher Call" tour is set for:
May 19 - 29, 2019
with another tentatively taking place:
September 13 - 23, 2019
In order to create the best experience, we're limiting the number of participants to just 20 or so people, per tour!
We anticipate the cost to be:
$6,795/person, for double occupancy
$7,995/person, for single occupancy
(Payment plans will be available!)
Want to see the full itinerary
& tour brochure when it's ready?
Interested in joining us for the 2019 dates or perhaps a 2020 tour?
Email us at the below address and tour manager Erica Makos will be in touch!