BELGIUM: MONS // MARCHE // BASTOGNE
GERMANY: STOLBERG // BLATZHEIM // COLOGNE // REMAGEN // PADERBORN
NORDHAUSEN // BERLIN
Join me as I lead the inaugural "Spearhead" WWII tour to Europe next September, 2019. Together we'll bring to life the legend and lore of the heroic tankers of the 3rd Armored Division—arguably the best in the armor business—the subjects of my upcoming book "Spearhead"!
10 Night Tour Highlights
- Take part in the Liberation of Mons 75th Anniversary celebration and feel the earth shake as we get up close to a moving column of Shermans, tank destroyers, Greyhounds & more.
- Explore the ruined bunkers and dragon's teeth of the Siegfried line, which the 3rd Armored Division pierced through in fall 1944.
- See a rare collection of German armor, including a Panzer IV, the Stug III, and plenty of Shermans, as we visit the history-hallowed town of Bastogne.
- Follow the new book’s hero, Clarence Smoyer, as he guides through the urban battlefield of Cologne in an exclusive video, culminating at the cathedral where he waged a legendary duel with a Panther. If Clarence's health permits, he may even join us on the tour!
- Gaze upon the slow-moving Rhine as the tankers once did as we visit the remains of the bridge at Remagen, not far from where the 3rd Armored made their bridgehead in 1945.
- Tour the halls of Wewelsburg castle, the spiritual home of the SS soldiers who resisted the 3rd Armored at their climatic battle at Paderborn!
- Walk the site of one of WWII’s most “hushed-up” stories, the Welborn Massacre, where the 3rd Armored's beloved commanding general was killed in a massive ambush by German armor.
- Prove your mettle as you take the controls of a Cold War tank/Armored Personnel Carrier in a once-in-a-lifetime driving experience!
- And plenty more, soon to be announced!
Lodging & Dining
Not only will the Spearhead tour be an amazing historical journey, but also a flavorful culinary adventure!
We’ll dine on a variety of Belgian cuisine, and taste classics like Belgian waffles, mussels, "les frites" & savory gratins!
Then we’ll move onto German staples with “melt in your mouth” sausages and schnitzels, dumplings and spreads, all washed down by cold Kölsch & Riesling!
4 and 5 star hotel accommodations in 4 historic cities - Mons, Urspelt, Cologne, and Berlin.
Our hotels run the gamut from a renovated castle in the rolling hills of Luxembourg to a 5 star historic property that stood during the battle for Cologne.
All hotels have English speaking staff, air conditioning and wifi included, along with an European breakfast daily.
Unparalleled access to bestselling author Adam Makos who will accompany the tour for the full nine days
Exclusive “for our eyes only” tours, led by local expert guides & Adam
A tour binder with exclusive maps of each location & wartime photos
A tour coordinator will be with us for the full duration of the "Spearhead" tour
10 nights’ accommodations in 4 and 5 star hotels
Eat like a general! 10 breakfasts, 8 lunches, 8 dinners
Unlimited non-alcoholic and 1 alcoholic beverage at each lunch & dinner so you can enjoy the local drink specialties
Welcome and farewell parties to start and end the tour in a way the "Spearhead" tankers of WWII would approve!
Airport transfers from Brussels, and to Berlin, on our arrival & departure days
Access to an on-line album featuring tour photos of you, taken by our staff
Luxury private coach with unlimited water on-board, restroom, wifi, and A/C.
All admissions fees & gratuities are taken care of
Individual audio headsets so you won't miss a single story or fact
As a lifelong memento, you'll receive the art print (shown above) hand signed by the real tankers of "Spearhead"!
Dates & Price
TO LEARN MORE:
The first "Spearhead" tour is set to take place August 31 - Sept. 10, 2019!
In order to create the best experience possible, we're limiting the number of participants to just 20 or so people!
We anticipate the cost to be:
$5,795/person, for double occupancy
$6,995/person, for single occupancy
(Payment plans will be available!)
Want to see the full itinerary
& tour brochure when it's ready?
Interested in joining us for the 2019 dates or perhaps a 2020 tour?
Email us at the below address and tour manager Erica Makos will be in touch!